Friday 22 January 2010

Causeway centre ahead

AHH Finn McCool would be proud. After goodness knows how long, work is finally to start on the Giant’s Causeway Visitor Centre.

He would have helped out himself but since he is in semi-retirement and working as a consultant to planning officials he felt it was not appropriate to become involved.

In a statement he said: “I am disappointed that the Causeway I worked so hard on has not had an appropriate visitor’s centre for so long. I welcome the start of work on the centre and I reject utterly any suggestions that I lobbied for the National Trust, Moyle Council, my mate in Scotland or that wee red-haired giantess. And I especially want those creationists to leave my Causeway alone. They weren’t there when I built it so stay away and let the nice Japanese tourists take their pictures in peace!”

No comments: