As his term of office draws to a close it is timely to remind ourselves of the phrases decimated and even created by President George W Bush’s singular grasp of the English language. Gems include:
· "They misunderestimated me."
· "I think war is a dangerous place."
· "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
· "It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."
· "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
But there was one phrase, much quoted in these final hours of residency in the White House that many politicians, if they were being honest wished they had in store when stepping down:
"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office."